Mittwoch, 28. September 2011

Invasive Species in South America: Questions

1.   1.    I chose this criteria (fast growth, rapid reproduction, tolerance of a wide range of environmental conditions, ability to live off of a wild range of food types and association with humans) as I believed that it would successfully limit the number of invasive species.
2.    2.   I wanted to include different species and not concentrate on only one; therefore the process I used was to search for the worst invasive insect, mammal, fish and grass.
3.    3.   I eliminated the first three species by simply looking at how much impact they have on our environment, using my criteria. For example: The cherry barb has the least impact on the environment it introduced to, and therefore it is on fifth place.
4.   4.    (I was absent the day the discussion took place)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen